Working from home has its perks but also presents unique challenges—especially when the rest of the family is home too. With offices and schools closed to combat the spread of COVID-19, working from home means changing the traditional way of conducting business for many organizations and their employees.
We searched the web for top tips on maximizing work-from-home efficacies during COVID-19 containment efforts. Here are our best resources for working at home:
- The Art of Working Remotely: How to Ensure Productivity – Forbes
- Working From Home: Your Common Challenges and How to Tackle Them – ZDNet
- What It Takes to Run a Great Virtual Meeting From Home – Harvard Business Review
- Use These 6 Tips for Better Video Calls While Working at Home – Think with Google
- Remote Teams: 10 Tips to Manage Them Effectively – CommPRO.biz
- How to Work From Home With Kids Around – Poynter
- 14 Tips to Increase Productivity & Avoid Distractions When Working at Home – Money Crashers
- 7+7 Strategies for Working at Home [with Kids] During COVID-19 – Psychology Today
- How to Be Productive Working From Home as a Parent – Glassdoor
- Resources for Parents to Prepare for Coronavirus School Closures – Common Sense
- Coronavirus Closing Your Kid’s School? One Parent’s Plan for Daddy School – MarketWatch
In the image below, Stack Overflow provides a quick overview of some of the most-common remote-team productivity tools to communicate, build, write, manage and collaborate in real-time:
We hope these resources help you adjust and thrive as we move towards a new way of working.
Bonus! Four great resources for kids:
- 17 TED Talks for Kids to Inspire Little Minds to Do Big Things – Lifehack
- Day-by-day Projects to Keep Kids Reading, Thinking and Growing – Scholastic Learn at Home
- Stuck at Home? These 12 Famous Museums Offer Virtual Tours You Can Take on Your Couch (Video) – Travel & Leisure
- Nightly Met Opera Streams – Metropolitan Opera
Get the latest PR, IR, Marketing and Media tips on the Business Wire Blog. Subscribe today!