Earned media is considered some of the most valuable content an organization can generate. Earned media comes with a stamp of approval that brands cannot generate on their own.
Yet, Media Relations and the process of securing editorial coverage have gradually become more difficult over the past few years. Media outlets are closing, automation is entering the journalism workforce, and audiences have the choice to consume what content is of interest to them. Add in a pandemic and global unrest, and media relations efforts become more elusive, while also increasing in importance.
So how, in 2020, can you increase your media relations impact? From how to start a media relations program to maximizing impact during a crisis, our curated list of blogs posts tackles this exact question:
- 6 Factors of Persuasion and How They Relate to PR, Relevance
- In 2020 and beyond, earned media should take priority, Ragan’s PR Daily
- Media Relations is Getting Harder…Much Harder (But Here Are a Few Tips for How You Can Get More Stories Placed), Business2Community
- COVID-19 Is a Game-Changer for the PR Industry as Rapidly Shifting Landscape Presents New Opportunities, FleishmanHillard
- How COVID-19 has brought back the public’s appetite for facts, Ragan’s PR Daily
- What Communicators Need to Know: Media Relations During COVID-19, CommPro
- Tips on how to pitch your business during the coronavirus pandemic, Swyft
- 'PR’s Moment to Shine': Creativity In The Covid-19 Era, PRovoke Media
- How to Handle Media Relations During the COVID-19 Pandemic, ICR Inc.
- Pitching Press in a Pandemic: What Works, What Doesn’t, AdAge
- Media relations best practice during COVID-19, WPP
- COVID-19 and Media Relations: A Quick Guide for Nonprofit Communicators, Non-profit Marketing Guide
- How to Pitch Your Long-form Video COVID-19 Story to Major Broadcasters, Global Investigative Journalism Network
- 10 elements of news and newsworthiness, Axia Public Relations
- 10 Questions to Ask When Planning a Press Release, Glean
- What is PR outreach and how do I do it?, JustReachOut.io
- How to Write a PR Pitch, Muck Rack
- 101 Public Relations Strategies, Tips and Examples, Small Business Trends
- What I learned about PR pitching from the reporters I keep spamming, TNW Growth Quarters
- Good lessons from bad pitches, Michael Smart PR
The world has changed and so has media relations. Successful media relations programs weave relevance, timing and content into a public-facing story that attracts reporters and readers alike.
To learn more about media relations and how to pitch reporters, download our recent white paper featuring pitching tips from USA Today, Fast Company and Business Insider.
For additional information, contact us at email@example.com.
Get the latest PR, IR, Marketing and Media tips on the Business Wire Blog. Subscribe today!