LinkedIn is a robust professional social media platform with millions of users around the globe. It’s a hub for connecting with colleagues, industry peers, potential employers, clients, and business partners. More than a networking site, LinkedIn is a space for engaging in industry discussions, seeking career opportunities, and sharing valuable insights.
People turn to LinkedIn to stay updated about industry trends, company developments, and thought leadership, making it an ideal environment to post press releases and share news coverage. Since LinkedIn's user base is comprised of decision-makers, business professionals, and industry experts, sharing your releases can increase the chances of your news reaching individuals most interested in your updates and most likely to take action.
LinkedIn at a Glance
- 900 million users globally
- More than 58.4 million companies have profiles
- 4 out of 5 users are decision drivers
- Used by 93% of B2B content marketers for organic social marketing
- 40% of B2B marketers felt LinkedIn was the most powerful channel for generating high-quality leads
LinkedIn encourages longer-form content compared to other social platforms. This allows for more detailed and meaningful storytelling around your news. Craft and share supporting content that provides context and explains the significance of your press releases in a way that resonates with your target audiences. By doing so, your news is more likely to be read, shared, and discussed, leading to increased visibility and engagement.
Adding LinkedIn and other social media channels to your public relations campaigns will grow your brand’s visibility and help you connect with broader audiences.
LinkedIn Dos and Don’ts
- Treat your profile like an extension of your company website or a professional brochure
- Share a detailed company description
- Proofread posts and test links
- Respond promptly to comments and messages
- Go stagnant – post regularly
- Use complicated or overly technical language in your posts
- Ignore your page analytics
- Only publish one type of post – share a mix of text-only and multimedia posts
Learn more in our guide, Sharing Press Releases on LinkedIn, and don’t miss Using Social Media to Amplify Your News and Media Coverage, a look at the power of social media and its important role in public relations campaigns.
Get the latest PR, IR, Marketing and Media tips on the Business Wire Blog. Subscribe today!