Pilar Portela, media relations supervisor for Business Wire/Miami met with Boodhoo this week. She took a tour of the studio, watched a live taping and sat down with the host for a discussion on how she finds her topics and keeps her show
fresh. Here are a few other tips from the meeting you might find helpful.
- Niala prefers to be pitched by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or pitched over Twitter @nialaboodhoo . Do Not Call Her.
- Keep your pitches related to current affairs and how they impact small businesses and their owners across South Florida.
- Segments typically run about three minutes, so make certain your clients can get their points across concisely.
- Niala encourages submission of b-roll footage and static images, and they will consider them for use on the show.
- The paper recently launched “The Miami Herald Business Plan Challenge.” Submit your recent business plan for consideration. Your plan must be less than a year old. Winners are highlighted on the web show and in the print publication.
- New shows hit miamiherald.com every Monday and are recorded on Thursdays.