June 11, 2014
By: Chen-Lee Tsui, Manager, European Marketing/London
With only a few weeks to go, the IR Magazine Europe 2014 awards are due to take place on Tuesday 24th June. For the football/soccer fans among us, this is the same evening as England’s first World Cup game against Costa Rica!
Now in its 24th year in London, this event celebrates the best Investor Relations achievements across various industry sectors and acknowledges the contributions made by individuals as well as by teams. For both winners and runners-up an IR Magazine Award means that those selected have demonstrated they have created results that deliver real business benefits.
The short list for the awards came out recently. If you’d like a flutter the odds are in favour of Germany – a great footballing nation, with 27 nominations across 17 main award categories. Another world class football team, England (read: UK), picks up 18 nominations (five more than last year!). The Scandinavian countries (sorry, not qualified for the World Cup) share nine nominations, followed by Italy (six), Spain & Portugal (five) and last but not least the orange footballing giant, the Netherlands, with two.
Business Wire has been supporting this industry leading awards program for more than 11 years. This year without fail, we will be present. Back by popular demand, a branded photo booth will be there to capture your evening with friends and colleagues! Attendees will have the opportunity to get their pictures taken for free at the photo booth, providing a great “take-away” lasting memory of the event.
We hope to see many of you there “strike a pose”. Email us with questions, or if you would like to meet up during the program. See you in London on the 24th June!
March 18, 2014
By Serena Ehrlich, Director of Social and Evolving Media
Earlier this year we asked blog readers to share their top daily reads. We wanted to see which publications are considered must-reads among today’s communications experts. Do communicators rely on mainstream media to keep them up to date through mainstream media, like The New York Times? Industry trade magazines such as Mashable? Or social networks including Twitter and LinkedIN?
The results were somewhat surprising. With 152 respondents to date, our survey shows:
- Just 20% of respondents said they read mainstream media such as The New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today on a daily basis, yet these publications continue to be the top-desired coverage targets for small and big B2B and B2C companies alike.
- Only 9% of those who replied use LinkedIn as a news source, yet LinkedIn continues as a top conversion platform for many businesses.
- 17% noted Twitter as their primary news source, the highest of any social network, with one communicator smartly pointing out that Twitter’s speed makes tools such as Google Alerts less valuable.
- 14% relied on PR industry trades suggesting that these outlets, while valuable, may not produce content frequently enough to warrant a daily read.
- A mere 2-11% read highly targeted social, digital or SEO-oriented blogs and articles. While this may be because these topics are heavily covered in other industry publications, we were still surprised by such a low number.
What do you think? Which publications are you reading every day? Take two minutes to fill out this survey yourself, and we will continue to share updates as the data change.
Business Wire Reader Survey
You can find the survey here: https://blog.businesswire.com/2014/02/27/what-publications-to-top-marketers-read-business-wire/
March 30, 2012
Last week, Business Wire was proud to sponsor the 2012 IR Magazine US Awards in New York City. Our team attended the ceremony and BW President Gregg Castano presented the Best Overall Mid-Cap Award. We’re pleased to sponsor the event photos for the Awards.
>>View the event photos here
Here are some pictures of our team at the ceremony:
Congratulations to all the winners!
May 19, 2009
Each year, Business Wire experts in your area bring local media members and industry thought leaders to your market to discuss today’s most relevant topics, from writing for SEO to the SEC’s new XBRL mandate. Business Wire events are usually free of charge. Here is today’s featured upcoming local Business Wire event:
Hosted by Business Wire New York
Today’s financial crisis is certain to lead to greater corporate disclosure and accountability standards. Ironically, the definition of transparency itself has become muddied as a result of considerable — and often deliberate — misinformation in the marketplace.
Join Business Wire New York for the first in our national Spring Investor Relations Conference Series, as we bring together a distinguished panel of disclosure experts and thought leaders from diverse perspectives, including legal, corporate, agency and financial media. This free event will feature a discussion on the changing regulatory environment, the role of technology in investor outreach, revisiting Regulation FD and the compliance challenges ahead.
Neil Stewart, Executive Editor of IR Magazine, will moderate the panel, including:
- Hulus Alpay, Senior Consultant, Alpay Balanced Communications, Past President, NIRI New York Chapter
- Martin Howell, News Editor, The Americas, Reuters News
- Bernard J. Kilkelly, Vice President, Investor Relations, Delphi Financial Group, Inc.
- Carol B. Stubblefield, Partner, Baker & McKenzie LLP
Wednesday, May 27 at 8:30am ET
The Westin New York at Times Square
Third floor ballroom
270 West 43rd Street, New York City, NY 10036
To register: Please RSVP to Marlie Massena at Marlie.Massena@BusinessWire.com or call 212-752-9600 x1310 by Monday, May 25.
For more upcoming local Business Wire events or to see what’s coming up in our award-winning webinar series, visit http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/business-wire-events.