By Serena Ehrlich, Director of Social & Evolving Media
What a week! There were so many great news pieces, platform changes, tips and more that we had to commit an entire blog to sharing them with you.
Below please find this week’s top stories for public relations, corporate communications, investor relations and marketing communication professionals.
Social Platform + Search Engine Updates
- Twitter launches a scheduled tweets service (found in the Twitter ad platform). What does this mean for today’s communicators? How can it be used and what are the pitfalls?
- Pinterest drives more traffic than Facebook, LI and Reddit combined. We actually covered some of this in our recent blog post about Pinterest’s new article pinning service
- How to interpret Facebook’s new page analytics. We like the mobile vs. desktop view. If your users are mobile, consider the type of multimedia you share, photos may load faster.
- Understanding Hummingbird, the latest Google search change that puts heavy emphasis on phrases, not keywords.
Media + Research
- A look at neurology and its impact on creativity.
- Pew Research looks at the effect internet and mobile devices are having on human news consumption. This may not be a surprise, but it is key to note the amount of news being read on mobile devices and the importance of having a mobile website.
- How The New York Times verifies Tweets when news breaks.
- Looking to keep up with top media news? Bookmark MediaGazer. This site utilizes an algorithm to highlight the top news shared on social media related to the media industry.
Tips, Tricks and Best Practices
- Here is a terrific infographic on how to craft the perfect status update or post, by platform.
- Are you ready for a social media crisis? Buzzfeed very accurately breaks down the 29 stages of a Twitter crisis in a humorous way.
- Given the massive rise of mobile video, here are a few clever ways to integrate Vine into your marketing efforts.
- The scientific guide to posting on social networks; a look at the best times to post news to drive action.
- Today’s communicators are being held to a wide range of internal marketing goals. Here is everything you need to know about the sales funnel and why content creators should care.
- 17 Marketing Terms You Were Too Embarrassed to Google (But Should Definitely Know) by Hubspot. A handy dandy cheat sheet of digital marketing terms every communicator should know.
- Top tips for maximizing Facebook status updates in light of recent changes.
- 4 rules for maximizing your press release headline.
- With one in three Americans owning a mobile tablet and 56% owning a smartphone, news consumption is going mobile. We’re ready for the mobile revolution. Are you? Have questions on mobile, let us know!
Did you find this list useful? Did we miss anything? If so, please share below, we are always looking for compelling information we can share with our audience!