February 26, 2015
The strategic communication landscape is evolving at an ever-increasing pace. We’ve seen the move from plain text releases to an era of activation through rich, multimedia storytelling. Now, more than ever, growing your skill set is critical to keep up with the changing demands of clients and the media. It’s a “learn or get left behind” world.
On March 3 at 1:00 PM Eastern Time, seven of the nation’s leading communication CEOs will come together to discuss the changes and innovations changing the way organizations communicate with media, analysts and consumers.
On March 3, join 7 of the nation’s leading CEOs for an discussion on the future of communications.
Hosted by Cathy Baron Tamraz, Chairwoman and CEO of Business Wire, this conversation will provide attendees of all levels with best practices that will directly impact communications programming for 2015 and beyond. Discussion topics will include:
- Where the PR/Communication industry is headed
- Instilling and showcasing a spirit of innovation in the workplace
- The role of collaboration in the creative environment
- How to create a sense of purpose in your organization
- The value of mentorship and training
- Mastering the work-life balance
- Barri Rafferty, CEO, Ketchum, North America
- Jennefer Witter, CEO, The Boreland Group
- Stacey Cohen, CEO, Co-Communications
- Patrice Tanaka, Co-founder, Chief Counselor and Creative Strategist, PadillaCRT
- Sabrina Horn, CEO, The Horn Group
- Sandra Fathi, Pres/Founder, Affect
Register for this free webinar now: https://www.webcaster4.com/Webcast/Page/10/7387
Click the following link to share this invitation with colleagues and industry experts via Twitter: http://ctt.ec/1b7fd
August 22, 2012
U.S. Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis
On Thursday, Aug. 30, in advance of Labor Day, Business Wire will host a free webinar with US Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis, the first Latina to head a major federal agency in a president’s cabinet, to discuss the state of the Latino worker in the United States.
Secretary Solis will discuss the gains that Latinos have made during the economic recovery; specific sectors of growth and opportunities; challenges and prospects for women, veterans and youth; vulnerable workers; and department efforts in worker training and education for the Latino community.
This event is FREE for all attendees. The webinar will be moderated by Danny Selnick, Vice President, LatinoWire & Public Policy Services, Business Wire/DC; and Pilar Portela, Media Relations Supervisor, Business Wire/Miami.
To register, please visit: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/559226112
NOTE: Q&A session open to to the public, but questions are limited to working journalists. Reporters must identify themselves and their news organizations when submitting written questions during the webinar. Questions may be submitted ahead of time to firstname.lastname@example.org
March 15, 2010
Business Wire and Black PR Wire recently launched their joint Minority Leadership Series, in honor of Black History Month, with a webinar entitled Media & Public Relations Best Practices.
This 90-minute event, co-moderated by Bernadette Morris, President and CEO of Black PR Wire; and Raschanda Hall, Global Media Relations Manager for Business Wire, highlighted the communications and targeting strategies of professionals at three different types of organizations:
- The Corporate View: Racquel White, Communications Director, The Coca-Cola Company Eurasia and Africa Group
- The Small Business/Agency View: David Rudd, Vice President, The Axis Agency
- The Government View: Althea Harris, Esq., Assistant District Director for Marketing and Outreach, Area 1, U.S. Small Business Administration
After an introduction in which reasons to target minority markets worldwide were discussed, each speaker discussed his or her own programs and successes in outreach and communications.
Among the highlights:
- Coca-Cola takes a local approach to most of its campaigns, and encourages its consumers to engage with the brand or their own communities and talents via contests, challenges and other approaches.
- The Axis Agency, a multicultural PR firm, recently completed a successful campaign for Disney Interactive Studios by using a multi-channel strategy developed over several months.
- The Small Business Agency works with cities, chambers of commerce and other organizations to help leverage local expertise for their programs. A recent partnership with the City of Miami resulted in a 350% increase in loans to underserved communities over five years.
For in-depth details on these and other strategies discussed by the panelists, please listen to the archived webinar (you will need Windows Media Player 9 or higher); and follow the #bwevents hashtag on Twitter to keep up with future Business Wire events.
March 2, 2009
Tomorrow Business Wire is offering the latest in our free webinar series, “Press Release Optimization: Build Your Press Release Like a Pro .” In this one hour webinar, Maria Van Wambeke and Michael Toner will dig deeper into the relationship between your company’s overall Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy and its Press Release Optimization (PRO) strategy.
We’ll examine the concept of Press Release Optimization (PRO)–an effective combination of coding and craft–and provide tips on selecting keywords using Business Wire’s Press Release Builder. The goal? Increased online traction.
Register here for this event, which starts at 1 pm ET/10 am PT.