by Fred Godlash, Marketing Specialist, Business Wire
As we enter into 2014, we are still receiving a lot of questions about how SEO should be used with a press release. One of the biggest misnomers we hear is that you cannot use any links in a release and that keyword research is not applicable anymore. In an effort to clear up some of the confusion with SEO best practices for researching, writing and distributing a press release, Business Wire has put out a new guidance report titled “A Guide to Press Release Optimization.” The download is available for free and will answer all of the questions regarding press releases and SEO for 2014.
The press release guidance report shows the major changes that have occurred with the press release including updates from Google that have redefined how the release is written. Additionally the report discusses best practices moving forward including future SEO and social trends in 2014. The guide is structured chronologically as a reference that will walk you through all of the steps of a press release from research and planning, through writing content, and into final distribution and measurement.
The idea is to have a standard that professionals in the communications industry can use as a guide when developing a press release for the New Year. All of the ten tips include examples and strategies including many free tools that are available to all professionals.
- How to research and learn the behaviors of key constituents
- Complete overview of the latest algorithms, and how to benefit from these updates
- Recommended press release layout improvements
- How to properly use links
- What you need to know about press release keywords and key phrases
- The importance of high quality content
- The role multimedia plays in increasing discovery and action in 2014
- How to use social media strategically
- Using a responsive design webpage for mobile
- How to choose the proper news distribution method
The report can be downloaded, for free at http://go.businesswire.com/guide-to-press-release-optimization. Click this link to share it with your Twitter followers: http://ctt.ec/4v0K3
Need more incentive to download our report? Business Wire will select, at random, 18 people who downloaded our guide to receive a hummingbird of their own!
We want to hear your comments. Let us know what you think of this guidance report and follow us on twitter @businesswire.