By Serena Ehrlich, Director of Social + Evolving Media
We are excited to share our latest guide for investor relations and corporate communication professionals outlining the steps they should take (and avoid) to both engage and manage their reputation across social channels.
This report details the opportunities and risks of using social media as both a research and communication tool in today’s investor relations programs. Included are 12 ways investor relations professionals can leverage social media tools for a stronger, more effective engagement program, as well as 12 reasons why social media platforms are not compliant communication tools.
Embracing social media as a news sharing and engagement tool
Business Wire continues to advocate utilizing social media channels to amplify the visibility of company news. These channels, designed to enhance the communication between organizations and their members, are perfect for brand advocacy.
Business Wire’s guidance for running a successful and legally compliant socially oriented investor communication program include:
- How to spot an emerging crisis or reputation attack using social media monitoring
- The importance and impact of multimedia to analysts and other key constituents
- Real time communications, or why live tweeting earnings works so well
- Ways to initiate and expand third party sharing of pertinent company information increasing the visibility and authority of your news
Avoiding social channels as a sole means of sharing financial or disclosure oriented news
For the last 4 months, we have taken a long hard look at the concept of utilizing social media distribution channels for financial disclosure. While we are obviously big fans of utilizing social media as a tool to share news and information, the technology simply is not there yet for these channels to replace traditional disclosure platforms.
Business Wire’s guidance on why social media platforms are not appropriate as the sole method of disclosure includes:
- Potential coverage limitation
- Lack of visibility of social updates
- The impact and risk of message modification
- Social network demographics and usage rates
To download this free guide in its entirety, visit http://go.businesswire.com/social-media-for-financial-disclosure
Share this with your friends! Tweet this news out in one click by visiting http://ctt.ec/UEbvf
Want to schedule a time to speak with a Business Wire sales representative about social media, news distribution and disclosure compliance? Let us know!