April 9, 2014
This week, Business Wire Paris’ Hannah Kelly’s article on The Role of PR in Multicultural Outreach is featured in CommPro.biz.
With the globalization of the communications industry, and the ever-changing demographics of the United States, multicultural outreach has never been so important. Currently, the combined buying power of the Hispanic, Black, Asian and Native American communities combined is over $1.5 trillion, with Hispanics opening small businesses three times faster than the national average. As these key audiences gain influence, organizations must customize and adapt their programs to meet the unique needs of each.
Read the full story at http://www.commpro.biz/public-relations/role-pr-multicultural-outreach/
Learn more about Business Wire’s multicultural PR services: https://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/demographic-targeting/
Tweet this post: http://ctt.ec/e64Ai
February 11, 2013
by Bernadette Morris, President/CEO, Black PR Wire
Bernadette Morris, President/CEO, Black PR Wire
Remembering the heroes of yesterday comes naturally to us today. Malcolm X, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and Rosa Parks — these are some of the people who ignited a spark. They each had a goal and purpose in mind. And that is why their legacy continues to shine. Recognizing them and others during Black History Month is a ritual that we follow every year. They lived their lives with purpose and made life easier for those of us that are still here.
Heroes of yesterday represented our race. They wanted us to live our lives as equals, despite the obstacles they faced. These men and women fought against injustice and stood up for humankind. They knew how to communicate to win and follow their dreams relentlessly – which is what we all must do if we do not want to be left behind. Planning for growth is inevitable, it seems. In celebration of Black History Month, let’s follow behind the path of our heroes of yesterday and live our dreams! Here are a few tips to help YOU communicate to win and grow your business:
- Guarantee it – Guarantee your customer that your products/services are of the highest quality. Go beyond the call of duty to ensure that you are meeting all quality standards.
- Recycle your ideas – Keep track of your ideas. You never know when one of them may work for a specific project or initiative.
- Work your marketing magic – Always develop a winning marketing plan and adhere to the objectives that were outlined in the plan.
- Show and tell – Don’t just tell people about what you have done, show them. Provide them with visible promotional products and product samples.
- Use creativity – Creativity plays a major role in helping companies to accomplish their objectives. Be creative in all of your project endeavors – strive to be unique and distinct. The more your product/service stands out from the competition, the more you will be noticed.
- Be dependable – Make a conscious effort to always be dependable and honest in your business dealings. Customers tend to be loyal to those they can count on.
- Enter as an expert – Learn your market and become an expert in your chosen field.
- Show you know – Show your customers that you know what you’re talking about. Convince them that you know your product and what is best for them better than anyone else does.
- Commit and never quit – Always remain committed to your goal and remember your reason for being in business.
- Stick to your strengths – Remember what you’re good at and continue using your natural talents to take you to the next level.
- It it’s not broken, fix it anyway – Always search for new and innovative ways to do the same tasks. You’ll find that a little creativity can produce amazing results.
- Be ready for change – Be prepared to deal with the constantly changing business climate.
Want to hear more from Bernadette? Register to attend the Business Wire and Black PR Wire 2013 Minority Leadership Series.