Business Wire/Charlotte recently hosted back-to-back events in Durham and Charlotte, NC entitled Adding Video to Maximize Your Reach, Exposure & Pick-Up.
These events, held on June 16th and June 17th, provided a forum for PR professionals to learn not only why video (and multimedia in general) is important to include in a company’s PR strategy, but also tips on how to make a video effective.
The panel of speakers for the Durham event on June 16th included:
- Adding multimedia increases pick up by media.
- Video is engaging and easy to share.
- Video improves your SEO.
- Flip cameras can be effective – not all video has to be overly produced.
- Keep it SHORT.
- Make it real.
- You don’t have to follow all the rules, have fun!
- Don’t allow the video to be passive - you don’t want someone to think they are watching a TV show.
- Make the video interactive – have a call to action, table of contents that links to different parts of the video, etc.
- Know your audience.
- Don’t forget about secondary audiences (e.g., for Latino audiences, create video in Spanish also).
- Bad sound is a video killer.
- Best place for video is in social media channels (Facebook, YouTube).
- A recent online trend is testimonials for product releases.
- Different kinds of video: Spectacle video (mostly users) and documentary video (boring).
- Carry a video camera at all times – no camera, no video.
- Image quality is less important online.
- Edit “in camera.”
- Shorter is better.
- Make your video easy to view.
- Do NOT auto-play.
- Post your video where your viewers are.
- Remember your business model.
- Participate – you can’t teach passion.
- Metadata – embrace info.
Local Business Wire offices host dozens of events each year on PR, IR, SEO & media topics. Check out the Business Wire Events page to find upcoming events in your area.
Follow Business Wire events on Twitter! Hash tag #bwevents