Business Wire San Antonio hosted “How to Reach the $713B Latino Market: Hispanic Media Panel Provides Targeting Tips, Trends,” a media breakfast where San Antonio area attendees learned valuable tips on reaching the Latino market.
Among the key insights provided by the panel:
Mr Belity says:
- San Antonio’s Hispanic density ranks above top Hispanic markets (Miami, LA, Houston, Phoenix)
- San Antonio’s Hispanic population is growing four times faster than non-Hispanics
- A phenomenon marketing experts call retro-acculturation is taking root, noting that Latinos who have lived in this country their entire lives develop a need to reconnect with their roots – and language
- Because 9 out of 10 Hispanics in San Antonio speak Spanish, they can choose what media they want to read, listen to or watch and 84% of them usually choose Spanish media
Mr Elizondo says:
- The Hispanic reader loves color in their newspaper
- El Mundo is currently published entirely in Spanish in full color
- Current efforts are being made to reach the non-Spanish speaking Hispanic as well (online version has some English portions)
Mr Barroso says:
- Conexión’s focus is local stories, local profiles, human interest and ½ the pages include entertainment-oriented stories with a focus on “our people”
- Know the publication’s audience when you pitch and provide your press releases in English
- Don’t pitch live events, unless it’s way ahead of time. If you’re going to pitch an event you want covered, pitch it to the San Antonio Express-News because it’s a daily publication and has the staff and resources to cover the event
If you’d like Samuel’s presentation or the seminar takeaway packet, please email Barbie Dunn, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Business Wire offices host several events each year on PR, IR, SEO & media topics. Check out the Business Wire Events page to find upcoming events in your area.
Follow Business Wire events on Twitter! Hash tag #bwevents